Sunday, May 4, 2008

Happy Non-Mother's Day

For some reason, I thought today was Mother's Day. Well, we all did. George woke up early and I heard he and Samuel whispering about something. Then I heard his car drive off. They came back with breakfast and a sweet card.

I've been doing that alot lately. I almost showed up for a wedding yesterday. Good thing I thought to check the invite before we left. It's next Saturday. Maybe I'm trying to get through the month of May quickly. Or maybe I'm getting old and starting to loose it.

Mother's Day or not, we had a good day. George and I tackled the garage and it actually looks pretty good. Just a few minutes ago, Samuel ran in and gave me a huge hug. "Thank you so much mom for cleaning the garage. I can ride my bike in it!" So it went from barely being able to walk into it, to being able to ride a bike in it!

It feels good to get things cleaned out. I am on a mission to clean every closet in the house. I did two this week and plan to do two a week until I'm done. Maybe there will be a morning when I can wake up and say, "There is nothing for me to clean." I doubt that day will ever come but it sure is fun to imagine what it would be like.

As I we were putting the kids to bed, I told Samuel that Mother's Day is actually next Sunday. "That's ok. We can do it again next week." I think we will.

0 comments: