Sunday, December 21, 2008

Just one of the many reasons I really like this kid

Every year a church very near our house does a walk through Bethlehem. It's neat. They set up a little town with booths that are something you might have seen back then. One of the first booths in the town had a man with gold chocolate coins. Any kid who who sings a song gets some chocolate. I have no idea what this has to do with Bethlehem but Samuel wanted to sing. We waited in line. Most kids sang Jingle Bells or Away in a manger. A few did Jesus loves me. I didn't coach Samuel on what to sing. I figured he'd sing a Christmas song. Finally it was our turn.
He pulled out his air guitar and in his best rock star voice sang a John Mayer song.
"Say what you need to say, say what you need to say..." He went on and on, some of Mayer words and a few added ones of his own. The coin man wasn't quite sure what to say. I thought it was great. Definitely all Samuel, way out of the ordinary.

We hope to leave Tuesday morning. The plane is full but we are hoping for some no shows. Please pray that the three of us get on!

0 comments: