Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring Break

I am going to make one long post. My plan was to do a seperate post for each day of spring break. Obviously, that didn't happen. So here goes....

Day #2
Tuesday was mom and son day. I decided to take Samuel and go to the Body Exhibit. I figured he would be interested in seeing what makes up the human body. We got to see all the different systems and what they looked like. He was interested but wanted to move quickly. We were through in less than 30 minutes. Perhaps it went a little over his head. But most likely it was that I told him we could go to the exhibit store after we were done. Big mistake. I should have known better.

On our way there Samuel commented, "It's a perfect day, no Sophia." He also said that he wanted to be the prince in our family and Sophia could be the servant. Nice.


Day #3
Wednesday we all went to the Georgia Aquarium. My cousin's daughter works there and got us in for free and we didn't have to wait in line. The not waiting in line was the biggest blessing. Neither Samuel or George do well with lines... We all enjoyed it but the biggness of was a little overwhelming to Samuel and he seemed overstimulated. It was busy and loud and I know that this environment is hard on him. George also doesn't do well in environments like this. They both wanted to rush through.

Last weekend I was talking to a friend of mine who is ADD. She also said that she has a hard time at places like the aquarium. She gets overstimulated and wants to leave. I took a trip with her to IKEA and as soon as she stepped in, she had to leave. It was too much.

It's interesting to sit back and make these observations. Instead of passing judgement and saying these people are just inpatient, I know it definitely goes deeper than that.




This is what happens when you forget the stroller and she doesn't want to walk anymore.

Day #4

Thursday we had a play date with a family that we have been friends with for a long time. Samuel actually was in a playgroup with this little boy when he was 4 months old. It was good to see them and the kids played hard and well together.



Day # 5

Friday we were supposed to have another play date but I felt that we needed a day at home. I got caught up on laundry and cleaning.

All in all, we had a good week off. I knew I had to keep Samuel busy or he would drive us all crazy. I love my kid but he's a handful and has to have an agenda. Can't wait until summer! Nothing like 8 weeks to try to come up with things to do!


Sunday we had a good Easter, colored eggs and had a hunt. We really missed Tony on that special day.






2 comments:

Julie Thompson said...

hey shelly its judi catrin we thaught the picture of sophia with the easter eggs was great love her lips .

medic said...

medical education and health encyclopedia is a great website where you can find out the answers of queries about your health. check this out and tell.. health is wealth and proper medical education is key to that wealth. regards
http://www.medicotips.com