Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The case of the disappearing stuff

In our house, if something disappears, Samuel is almost always to blame. He's been innocent a few times but not many.
When I go to the grocery store, I buy for the week. I get my recipes together and buy according to what I need. I wanted to try this orange pomegranate muffin recipe. I knew I had bought the ingredients but they were nowhere to be found. I figured George ate them and forgot about it. I also was looking for the garlic for a bean recipe and couldn't find it. Not a big deal.
Yesterday, I realized I needed some more batteries for my camera. I looked in the junk drawer where I had seem them recently. No batteries.
"Samuel!"
"What?"
"Did you take the batteries out of the drawer?"
"I don't remember."
"That's not the right answer."
"I forgot."
Knowing I was fighting a loosing battle, I left it alone. Fast forward to this morning. Friday morning is when I try to clean the house. Samuel is in school and Sophia takes a nap. Check out the pictures to see my missing stuff found while cleaning. The poor doll, with the batteries inside, used to have long stringy hair. I haven't found the hair yet. Probably stuck in my junk drawer somewhere. Funny thing is, we ate at that table for three days, and I didn't notice my missing produce.


0 comments: