Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful

"I'm thankful for our house. Because it has a lot of toys. I'm thankful for the nice hot heat that makes me warm. I am thankful for all the love in the world. I love my friends, grandma and grandpa, my cousins and all my parents. I love everybody. I'm thankful for pumpkin pie, chicken noodle soup, snakes, boats and Sponge Bob. Thank you God for everything. Thank you God for loving me and not stopping. You are great!"

That was Samuel's Thanksgiving letter. He wrote one yesterday but wanted to write another one today. It's a little disjointed because of his incredibly balanced diet today. Let me tell you what the kid has eaten: four cinnamon rolls, three pieces of chocolate, maybe two bites of lamb, one piece of asparagus, one leaf of lettuce, one spoonful of sweet potatoes, a piece of pumpkin pie, and a piece of pecan pie.

Our menu was: Roasted lamb with potatoes, carrots and onions, roasted asparagus, field green salad with walnuts and cranberries, and sweet potato casserole. For dessert we had pumpkin and pecan pie. George's dad came, Hye-won, Gabrielle's friend and Jim, George's Fed-Ex friend. Everything tasted great and people seemed to have a good time. Samuel was wild but who wouldn't be after ingesting five cups of sugar. Here are some pictures from today. I'm tired and ready for bed. It's exhausting doing all the cooking yourself, rewarding but exhausting. We've had a tough few months. But we're thankful, very thankful.





0 comments: