Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Therapist

We had a good session with the therapist yesterday. She's around forty and very easy to talk to. It was just Gabrielle and I. Gabrielle was in a good mood. I could tell that the therapist liked her and was surprised and amused by her intelligence. We are going to go on a weekly basis for awhile and then maybe every two weeks. She wants to meet with George, Gabrielle and I in two weeks. She will be helpful in guiding us as to how to slowly give her back some freedom. During the session, Gab told me that if I would let her see Alex again, she would be my personal maid. I'll have to think about that one....

Today, I met with some of the administration at her high school. I wanted to let them know what happened so we could be working as a team. One of the assistant principals was a father of four girls and could really relate. I have been impressed with the school and their willingness to help us.

Our lives are hectic and she has been getting lost in the shuffle. This is not fair to her. The therapist mentioned that there really is no activity that a 15, 4, and 1 year old enjoy doing together. So I'm going to sit with Gab and come up with some things that we can do, just the two of us. I'm at fault in not trying hard enough with her. One of the counselors said that if you can get a good 15 to 20 minutes daily quality time from a teenager, you're doing good. So that's going to be my goal. Whether it's riding bikes, going for a frapuccino, or playing with the dogs. I'm looking forward to it. She's a great kid.

0 comments: