Monday, December 31, 2007

Blur of blue


Happy last day of the year! I know that I should do a countdown post or a resolution post or a recap of 2007. But, I don't feel like it. 2007 is over and I am looking forward to a better 2008. This year has had its share of pain, hurt and struggle. We are still learning some difficult lessons.

A few moments ago, I was enjoying a little peace. The house was completely quiet. I had put both kids in the closet with tape over their mouths. No, I kid. They were both upstairs having quiet time. I was looking out into our backyard when I saw a blur of blue fly by. The bird landed in one of our trees and as I got a closer look, it was a perfect bluebird. Not the obnoxious blue jay that comes all the time and makes a bunch of racket. The little bluebird perched up on our tree and looked around, as if he was searching for something. And then I saw another blur of blue and his mate came and perched right next to him. They sat looking at each other and then together flew off.

I pray that this next year will be a beautiful blur of blue. I pray that our family will fly together, in unison. No more squawking blue jays. I want a blue bird type of year.

0 comments: