Friday, December 21, 2007

Done



Well, I did it. I'm done. No more shopping. Christmas is in my trunk. I don't see what the big deal is and why people stress out so much over Christmas shopping. I did it in two hours last night. I went from zero to done. Well, I did a little Amazon order a few days ago. I waited until the last day of free shipping and ordered. Maybe not the best idea because it's supposed to get here on Christmas Eve. When I asked George, my shipping expert, about the chances of it getting here, he curtly told me, "I don't want to talk about packages or shipping." OK, he's a bit stressed.

My Toy'r'us experience was interesting. I didn't think it would be too busy because it was a Thursday and the evening. But I was wrong. Looking at the parking lot, I was very tempted to turn around and go home. But I didn't. I wanted to have it behind me. People were focused, and in a shopping frenzy. No one would look me in the eye. I tried to smile at the masses as I accidentally bumped their carts but people wanted none of it. No Christmas spirit abounded. Lists were out and carts were full. I had no list and really not much of an idea of what to get. I knew I could wrap up a flashlight and a wrench and Samuel would be thrilled.

I came out of there content. I didn't spend a fortune and I kept my Christmas cheer throughout. I hope my fellow shoppers are alright. I felt like telling some of them that Christmas isn't about how much you can get your kids but didn't think that was the best of ideas. I probably would of gotten a black eye.

The next few days will be a frenzy of cooking, baking and cleaning. I'm finally excited about Christmas. It's taken me a little longer this year. Oh, and one of Samuel's friends was over for a bit last night. He took one look at our stick and and said, "Is that your tree?" Samuel quickly said, "It's little, but isn't it cool?" And this little boy said a little tentatively, "Sure is." My sensitive boy's feelings are safe.

0 comments: