Saturday, December 29, 2007

One of my resolutions


I finally did it. I bit the bullet. I officially signed up to become a cycle or spin instructor at our gym. I've been wanting to do it for a long time but have chickened out. But after much encouragement and prodding from other instructors, I am going to be trained next month. I probably won't have my own class right away but I can sub until something opens up.
I'm not sure how I'm going to fit this into my already tight schedule, but I'll somehow find a way. I'm passionate about exercise and this will be a great way to share my passion. I'm not doing it for the money, it barely pays. But I do get free gym membership and childcare.


The gym is my destressor. When I don't go for a few days, I feel like my head is going to explode. I guess I equate it to my anti-depressant. Without it, I probably would be not only be fat, but horribly depressed, angry and a horrible mom. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating but working out makes me a much nicer person to be around.


January 1st is right around the corner. With this come a whole lot of resolutionists. The gym will be packed on January 2nd. Most of us"regulars" are dreading this day. Our bikes will be taken, the weight machines full, the showers packed. The majority of these people will last a couple months and then slowly fade back to their couches. I am going to make it my resolution to help these resolutionists stick to it. Instead of my normal, I'm better than them attitude, I am going to encourage, applaud, psych up, and push them to persist in their endeavour to exercise. The gym can be an intimidating place for newcomers. I hope I can aid in a few people's journey to health.

0 comments: