Sunday, December 23, 2007

Request

God,
Thanks for giving me one kid that sleeps in a little. The little one will sleep until 8:30 or 9:00, if I let her. This works for me, especially when I am on vacation. Now, lets talk about the other kid. I'll use this morning as an example.
Probably around 6:30.
"Mom, mom!"
"Mmmmm"
"Where are my army pants and shoes? I'm in the army and I need to get dressed."
"In the laundry."
I guess he found them because when he returned he was in full army mode.
"Mom, button my pants."
"Can, I do it later?"
"Mom, I need it now!"

Maybe three minutes later.
"Mom, what's the difference between a leaf beetle and a regular beetle?"
"Can we talk about this later?"
Two minutes later.
"Mom, I think there's a leaf beetle in my room."
"Good, honey. I'll look at it later."
"How do you spell beetle?"
"I'll spell it later."
"Mom, I'm so excited! Two days until Christmas!"

I'm really glad you gave him an active brain. I love that he is always thinking and asking. But not that early in the morning. Maybe you could shut off his brain from around 6:00 until 9:00 am when we are on vacation. Do you think that would be possible?

Thanks,
A very tired mom

0 comments: