Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A very Nonmerry Christmas to you!


Merry Christmas!

Well, it hasn't been very merry around here. Unless you find a four year old throwing up, a one-year old that that is crying from the time she wakes up until, well she hasn't really stopped yet. And I feel pretty awful. I haven't eaten much in the last day. This might be great for the figure but this time of year, I don't care about my figure and I want to eat. I think it's the virus that has been going around. It involves throwing up, a horrible cough, a stuffed up nose and pink eye. Well, we have it all but the pink eye. That will probably come tomorrow. Not only are my kids and I sick, I have the guilt of knowing that my parents will probably get it when they get home.

It hasn't been all bad. We've had some good moments. Samuel enjoyed every one of his presents, especially the huge Spiderman Playhut. He is up in his room right now with Geddo(George's dad), both in the huge tent. I can hear voices up there. Maybe not voices, I hear Samuel's voice telling Geddo what to do.

I haven't taken too many pictures. When you feel like crap, all you want to do is crawl into bed. Not take pictures, not make Christmas Eve appetizers, not wrap presents. This picture of Sophia pretty much sums up our Christmas. I will post a longer one tomorrow with more pictures.

To all my family and friends out there, we love you and really do wish you a Merry Christmas!

1 comments:

Thompson Family said...

We've had a few Christmases like that. Remember that one in North Augusta where AC and JA cried because we only got AC a baby doll and not JA because she hadn't shown and interest in dolls...until that Christmas morning? That was also the year the garbage disposal clogged with seet potato peels and JA had a double ear infection and screamed in the night so I slept in our bedroom closet trying not to wake all of you. Then there was the year Nathan threw up the whole day or was asleep - starting the domino affect through the family for the next week. Then there was the millenium where we had beig plans for people to come clebrate with us but Julieanne had the flu - no one wanted to join us so we had a family celebration with cheese fondue. Julieanne is just now liking fondue again...bad memories from Y2K. so, I know it's not what you would have chosen but I know there are sweet moments in the midst of the barf and exhaustion. Rest well, girl. LOve ya and miss being with your family! Julie