Thursday, January 24, 2008

No more Red Bull!

As I sit here, I am drinking my favorite drink. I don't want it to be my favorite drink. But I have no choice. I am sleepy, exhausted, sore and generally pooped out. These last few weeks, I don't wake up refreshed and ready to start the day. I moan, grunt and whine my way downstairs to gulp my coffee down and finally begin to see some color. Two hours go by and I'm ready for my Red Bull. Red Bull does not taste good. It's actually pretty disgusting. But sadly, I've gotten used to it and dare I say that I enjoy it?

As you know, I am preparing to become an instructor at my gym. In the two weeks that I've been back from the training, I've been on that stupid bike every day for an average of two hours per time. These bikes are not like the ones you ride outside. There is no coasting. The pedals are incredibly heavy so you have to work at pedaling. My legs and bottom are killing me, my eyes are bloodshot from all the sweat pouring in them, and my neck won't turn. So I've been living on a diet of Advil and Red Bull to make it through a day.

On Saturday I will do my video that I will send to a team of assessors. If I pass, I can start teaching. I am so ready to get this over with. I am going to take some time off to eat bon bons, sleep, and drink no Red Bull! Is this what getting old feels like?

And this is what my one year old looks like after finding my Red Bull and downing at least half of it!


0 comments: