Monday, January 21, 2008

Not too bad!

Tonight I taught my first class at the gym. I have been practicing allot since my training last weekend. I had worked myself into a nervous frenzy about teaching tonight. I must have listened to the music a dozen times today. There is quite a bit of choreography involved and you have to do it at the right beats in the song. I know it sounds a little strange to do choreography on a bike but that's what we do. Another reason I was so nervous was because I was doing the class in front of the head of all the instructors.

It went great! Better than I could have ever imagined. It kind of reminded me of the nervous rush I used to get when I was on stage acting in a play. You work yourself up before hand, nervous stomach, going to the bathroom twenty times ahead of time. But once you're up there, you pull through. The one difference I find with an exercise class is that you not only get the stage rush but you also get an endorphin rush. It's neat to share something that I am so passionate about with other people. I actually surprised myself with how comfortable I was up there coaching and encouraging people through the class. I think I can do this.
After class Samuel asked me how it went. I told him it was great. His response was,
"Mom, you rock. You really rock!"
He'll always be my biggest fan.

0 comments: