Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Perfectly normal?


Sophia had her 18 month check up today. And as expected, she's perfectly normal. That's what her doctor said. I told him I thought she was a little better than the norm. She melted his heart. She made him laugh. She amazed him with her ability to point to her bottom and say stinky. You call that normal?


She's 95% in height and 75% in weight and her head is off the charts. I mean look at that head. It's huge. Cute, huge but huge nevertheless. Samuel's head is off the charts too. I wonder why we beget children with such enormous heads. I've always wanted to use the word beget. It's a great word.


She got one shot and cried and looked at the nurse with such disdain that the poor lady kept on apologizing. My daughter is definitely one to hold a grudge. She doesn't forgive quickly or easily. I bet she'll remember this nurse and give her that same look when we return in a few months. Samuel is the opposite. At Sophia's age, he would get a shot and would smile through his tears and say dankyu. Sophia not so much.


So we are blessed with a perfectly normal little girl. We are extremely blessed.

0 comments: