Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lifesaver

I enjoy cooking. Well, I used to. I don't enjoy cooking while a toddler is desperately clinging to my legs crying. Or when I hearing fighting in the living room while cooking. Or hearing huge drawers of toys being dumped out. Not fun. So, I've had to come to the realization that I have to come up with dinner in fifteen minutes or less during the week. No more of this complicated recipe stuff. Sure, if I had a nanny and a housekeeper, I would come up with gourmet dinners nightly. But I don't, so let me tell you about my lifesaver.
Trader Joe's. We've become close lately. Let me tell you why.

1) It's cheap.

2) No preservatives, additives, chemicals ect.

3) One mile from my house.

4) A lb of chocolate with almonds for $3.99.

5) Frozen meals that taste like homemade. Well, maybe I'm pushing it but they do taste good.

6) Frozen brown rice. So easy and quick.

And what did we have for dinner tonight? Curry chicken, scalloped potatoes and balsamic buttered vegetables. All courtesy of Trader Joe's. I will cook again. But right now, I don't have time and I'm ok with that. It's nice to have options.

0 comments: