Friday, March 7, 2008

Sister for sale


Conversation on the way home today while Samuel was looking at some toy catalog


"Mom, I really want this motorcycle. It's so cool!"


"It's $400.00. We don't have that much money."


"Well, I could sell something."


"Like what?"


"How about Sophia? I really don't like her that much. She cries a lot and screams in the car."


"She is pretty loud. But don't you think you'd miss her?"


"I could take a picture of her and that way I wouldn't miss her that much."


"Who would we sell her to?"


"Well, I was thinking that we could take her to the place that people die."


"The cemetery?"


"Yeah, and bury her and she would die and then she could be with God. That's a good place for her."


"We'd have to bury her alive?"


"She'd be ok, mom."


"You think that motorcycle is better than your sister?"


"I'd play with it all day and I wouldn't have to share it with her."


"I think I'd miss your sister."


About five minutes go by.


"Mom, maybe we should sell something else. I think I'd miss her too."


I'm glad he came to that decision on his own. I was beginning to worry.




0 comments: