Saturday, April 26, 2008

Excited?

Today, I had a little picture of what the summer will be like. It was raining much of the day. Not only raining but we had quite a bit of thunder and lightning along with it. So the kids were inside most of the day. We are trying very hard to not spend money. George's job has been feeling the slump in the economy so we've been sticking close to home. Gas is outrageous, so we try to not drive too much. So that leaves two very energetic kids, in a small house.

George and I were watching Samuel run around this morning. It was very early. Way too early to have that kind of energy. We were commenting how we could be millionaires if we could bottle that energy into a drink. It would put Red Bull out of business. Then I had a glimpse of almost three months of non-stop energy, with nowhere to send him. No school, no babysitter, just good old mom, 100 degree temperatures and 90% humidity. Then I got a little depressed thinking about it. Then I started feeling guilty for not being incredibly excited about spending every waking hour with my wonderful children all summer long. Then I wondered how many vacation Bible schools I can send him to. Then I felt bad for wanting to get rid of my son. Then I took a nap, woke up, had a cup of coffee, gave my son a huge hug, and got excited about spending the entire summer with my children.

0 comments: