Wednesday, June 25, 2008

NO POTTY!


Potty training is not going well. I'm ready to throw in the towel. She's a stubborn little sucker. Subborn and smart are not a good combination in a two year old.


So has she gone potty? Sure! She's gone on the carpet, stairs, her car seat, the couch, in Samuel's room, on top of his matchbox cars. You name it, she's peed or pooped on it. And what about the lonely pink princess potty seat? It's been neglected and abused. Thrown across the bathroom floor countless times. All while screaming, NOOO POOTTYYY!!!


Two nights ago I was upstairs with Samuel. George was downstairs with the stubborn one. They both came up and Sophia had a handful of potty treats. She had gone on the potty for her precious daddy. And she did it again for him last night.

So she won't go for me. I guess I have seeped my unrealistic expectations on my daughter and she feels too much pressure and won't go potty for her mother. A good lesson for me? Yes but I foresee many mother daughter battles ahead.
I am going to take some time off from the training. Could she learn right now? Any kid who takes off her diaper, squats right over her stuffed duck and with an incredibly devious grin says, "I peepee on my duck." is ready. She wants to win and get her way and for now, I'm going to let her.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eveyone told me girls are easier to train. After a year and a half of trying, my conclusion is they lied (Sounds like our girls are a lot alike, too!) Good luck - and let me know if you find something that works!

Kolleen