Thursday, August 7, 2008

Teacher

We met Samuel's teacher today. After spending a few minutes with her, I realized that she is most likely exactly the type of teacher he needs. She is calm, personable, real, and has long hair. She got down with the kids and talked with them. She looked at their Lego creations. And she had no problem reprimanding and guiding misbehavior. I can tell she is no pushover but she does it so calmly.

We got loads of paperwork to fill out, paid a butt load of money for a bunch of stuff and got out of there. Samuel seems excited for Monday to get here. I'm a little more apprehensive. Not because I'm sad, but because I want him to have a great start to his schooling.

His teacher asked us all to take some time and write to her about our kids. I thought about giving her this blog address but then I thought that might be a little too much information. So I will write her a nice long letter about my kid. I already have two pictures of him that I want to include in the letter. This tells me that she really wants to know him. And that means the world to me.

0 comments: