Monday, October 12, 2009

Wedding



                                     

What a weekend! I'm not sure who was happier to see me upon my return the kids or George. Everyone was in one piece and happy. The house, well that's a post for another day.

The wedding. It was a ton of work. I was on my feet from 8 am on Saturday until 9 pm and took 1200 pictures. The wedding party was something else. There was no organization, the usher never showed up, they forgot the flowers, the caterer got in a fight with the groom five minutes before the wedding, the bride and the groom's family did not get along.. Do I need to go on?

But it was beautiful and the bride was happy and very grateful. I dove into my job as wedding photographer and let me just say that I don't think I would enjoy making a profession out of it. I did all the formal shots that they wanted but the photos I loved the best were the candid ones. I caught the bride and the bridesmaids sneaking a smoke after the wedding. The bride was embarrassed about her tattoos and wanted to cover them up. I encouraged her to take off her jacket during the reception and just be who she was. After five cupcakes, the flowergirl was bonkers.

I guess taking pictures is all about meeting people where they are, getting to know them in a very short while and trying to portray their personalities through the lense of a camera. It certainly is not an easy task. Here are a few of my favorites.


                                        

                                                       







                                                   

1 comments:

medic said...

medical education and health encyclopedia is a great website where you can find out the answers of queries about your health. check this out and tell.. health is wealth and proper medical education is key to that wealth. regards
http://www.medicotips.com