Monday, October 12, 2009

Wedding



                                     

What a weekend! I'm not sure who was happier to see me upon my return the kids or George. Everyone was in one piece and happy. The house, well that's a post for another day.

The wedding. It was a ton of work. I was on my feet from 8 am on Saturday until 9 pm and took 1200 pictures. The wedding party was something else. There was no organization, the usher never showed up, they forgot the flowers, the caterer got in a fight with the groom five minutes before the wedding, the bride and the groom's family did not get along.. Do I need to go on?

But it was beautiful and the bride was happy and very grateful. I dove into my job as wedding photographer and let me just say that I don't think I would enjoy making a profession out of it. I did all the formal shots that they wanted but the photos I loved the best were the candid ones. I caught the bride and the bridesmaids sneaking a smoke after the wedding. The bride was embarrassed about her tattoos and wanted to cover them up. I encouraged her to take off her jacket during the reception and just be who she was. After five cupcakes, the flowergirl was bonkers.

I guess taking pictures is all about meeting people where they are, getting to know them in a very short while and trying to portray their personalities through the lense of a camera. It certainly is not an easy task. Here are a few of my favorites.


                                        

                                                       







                                                   

0 comments: