Friday, February 22, 2008

Random night talk

Samuel loves to talk. In the absence of people, he talks to himself or God. Just a few minutes ago, I went upstairs to check on the kids. Samuel was sitting upright in bed talking.
"Who are you talking to?"
"God"
"What about?"
"Well, I was telling him that if he needed me or wanted to tell me something that he should either hammer the wall so I could hear it or come touch me on the arm. I really don't want him shaking my bed in the middle of the night."
"What might he want to tell you?"
"Just how much he loves me or how I shouldn't do bad things."
"I'm glad you're my boy."
"I'm glad you're my mom. I am lucky, huh?"
"We both are."
"Do you want to sing Jingle Bells with me?"
"Sure"
"Goodnight mom."
"Goodnight honey."
"Hey mom, can I take my eye ball out or is it connected?"

God sure knew what he was doing by giving me this boy.

0 comments: